At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Director of Category – Bags and Apparel will foster innovation for the new and emerging softgoods category, through seamless integration of brand values, creative direction, audience identification, and product vision. This individual will work to define YETI’s strategic roadmap for bags and apparel, lead the execution of various work streams to meet business objectives, and collaborate with Design, Category Management, and Brand Teams to bring relevance and industry leadership to the category while anchoring it as a foundational pillar for YETI’s sustainable growth.
- Act as a thought leader and domain expert to develop innovative multi-year line strategies for bags and apparel product categories.
- Assess and leverage data analytics, trends, and consumer insights to inform and prioritize short and long term category opportunities.
- Align YETI’s Executive Team and gain consensus around the category’s go to market strategy and roadmap.
- Balance both creative and commercial perspectives while working through design and product development processes to deliver compelling, cohesive, and profitable brand and product experiences.
- In collaboration with various team members and stake holders, lead and implement the key stage-gates from seasonal concept to final prototype review, and consumer-launch.
- Lead and inspire a category team to do their best work while achieving intended business objectives and goals.
- Lead, with the support of creative, seasonal concepts to inform line list development.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications, and sales estimates.
- Build annual/seasonal global consumer calendar, highlighting demand and lead generation strategy and tactics to drive customer acquisition, activation, retention, and advocacy across all channels.
- Collaborate with various marketing teams who own brand & product initiatives, including community, athletes, and ambassadors.
- Continually monitor and report on market conditions and sales trends to ensure seasonal strategies remain relevant.
- Collaborate across Supply Chain and Operations to establish cohesive product planning and distribution strategies globally.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Must have experience specific to softgoods with preference to apparel.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years' experience in Category Strategy and Management and at least 6 years' of experience leading teams of Category Managers within high growth environments
- At least 8 years' experience leading softgoods strategies
- Premium Consumer Goods experience required
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Design, Brand, Community Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Operations, and Talent teams to establish and deliver go to market strategies
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity are required for success
- Strong financial/business modeling and analysis skills
- Deep understanding of premium brands with a focus on active, outdoor lifestyle brands required
- Ability to attract, hire, coach, and develop teams within a global environment are essential for success
- Ability to lead with humility while driving cross-functional alignment Is required
- Strong project management and organizational skills with proven experience managing large-scale projects
- Ability to present and lead executive conversations with the Senior Leadership Team
- Strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and inspire a team toward a common goal
- Establish trust and inspires others to do their best work
- Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to define business solutions or the pursuit of business opportunities
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.