About The Company:
We are on a mission to transform the $200 billion lumber and building materials supply chain. We are building a digital marketplace for buying and selling lumber, building materials, and related services. We enable lumber yards and their suppliers to eliminate extra transactions and material movements to decrease the cost of construction.
The team combines exceptional engineering talent with industry insider expertise to solve complex problems. Our people thrive on collaborating across diverse domains - an industry steeped in tradition, large material movements, and manual processes and the entrepreneurial agility of a Seattle software start-up. The result is a culture of curiosity that unapologetically challenges the status quo to unlock efficiency for our customers and reduce the cost of building homes.
You’re an experienced full-stack developer interested in quickly bringing products to market that make your customers say, “wow!” You’re passionate about building software to create efficiency for businesses. You’ve developed a knack for thinking like your customers and nothing pleases you more than making their day. You strive to deliver customers the solutions they know they need and dramatic improvements in processes they didn’t know were problematic.
As an engineer, you know leverage. You take time on the critical things that you have to own and let others build the things that don’t improve the customer’s experience. You use your own code, open source, cloud services, and every tool in your toolbox to help you deliver faster, more reliably, with reduced long-term cost of ownership.
This job might be for you if you are…
- A Maker: you know how to understand a problem, formulate a plan to address it, and execute.
- A Communicator: the hardest part of any technical job isn’t the code but the collaboration required to get it done. We want effective communicators, both written and verbal.
- Business-focused: you enjoy using technology to help people do their jobs better, more accurately, and more quickly.
- Insatiably Curious: there has to be a better way! do you enjoy thinking about, finding and implementing it?
- Kind: you believe you’re better at most things when respectfully challenged, questioned and pushed, and that you can provide the same type of feedback and support to help those around you be their best as well.
This job might be for you if you have…
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack developer on a B2C or B2B customer-facing service. We use Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres, but we welcome experience with any technology stack.
- A passion for writing and deploying code the same day and for creating the systems and practices that make that possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.