Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
We are seeking Backend Software Engineers to join our dynamic Data-team focused on developing cutting-edge data microservices. This role will be instrumental in building the core of Yalo, including our customer data profile, segmentation services, and recommendation and ranking services.
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
- Design, develop, and deploy scalable and robust data microservices.
- Optimize data retrieval, storage, and processing for high-volume, data-intensive applications.
- Ensure the performance of services.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure Yalo remains at the cutting edge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of backend software development experience.
- Proficiency in Golang and/or Node.js is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying data-intensive microservices.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, databases, and data modeling.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, containerization (e.g., Docker), and orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Solid understanding of API design and RESTful principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity / Experience with Snowflake / Looker / ETL
- Work contributions are data focus.
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
We strive for excellence.
At Yalo, we are dedicated to creating a workplace that embodies our core values: caring, initiative, excellence, and simplicity. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity, where everyone's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents contribute to our collective success. As we embrace and respect our differences, we strive to create something extraordinary for the benefit of all.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to fairness and equality is a fundamental pillar of our company.
At Yalo, we uphold a culture of excellence. We constantly challenge ourselves to go above and beyond, delivering remarkable results and driving innovation. We encourage each team member to take initiative and make things happen, empowering them to bring their best ideas forward and contribute to our shared goals.