Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make things happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
What are the activities of a Security Engineering Manager?
- Establish and execute a roadmap for secure cloud architecture.
- Develop and Implement security protocols and procedures to secure Cloud infrastructure and Kubernetes at scale.
- Develop and administer enterprise-wide IT security and privacy training programs.
- Drive large projects from inception to implementation.
- Unblock, support and communicate with internal and external partners to achieve results.
- Partner with teams across Yalo on organizational security initiatives.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Design and implement cloud security solutions for monitoring, vulnerability remediation, and attack surface analysis and risk reduction.
- Collaborate with engineering organizations to build inherently secure cloud architecture solutions.
- Define and facilitate implementation of the Secure Software Development Lifecycle.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of skilled security and compliance engineers, nurturing their professional development.
- Use regular 1:1 to support your team through their career growth, looking for opportunities where they can find new challenges
- Provide continuous feedback, recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members , and address underperformance.
- Keep your engineering skills sharp by staying hands on with technical challenges alongside the engineering team.
- Work closely with security experts. Guide and mentor them on day to day work.
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of experience in Security engineering and Compliance.
- Experience with cloud service architecture, cloud security concepts, and best practices.
- Past experience doing threat modeling, code review (Python, Go), penetration testing against cloud environments.
- Experience with (or a deep interest in) computer security, ideally in both attacking and defending services.
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
What soft skills matter to us?
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Have prior experience leading security engineering team
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
We strive for excellence
At Yalo, we are dedicated to creating a workplace that embodies our core values: caring, initiative, excellence, and simplicity. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity, where everyone's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents contribute to our collective success. As we embrace and respect our differences, we strive to create something extraordinary for the benefit of all.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to fairness and equality is a fundamental pillar of our company.
At Yalo, we uphold a culture of excellence. We constantly challenge ourselves to go above and beyond, delivering remarkable results and driving innovation. We encourage each team member to take initiative and make things happen, empowering them to bring their best ideas forward and contribute to our shared goals.