Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make shit happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
The Product team is currently focusing on deliver outstanding results for customers, being reliable and efficient. We need people committed to chasing key business outcomes while working together for a shared purpose:
As part of this team, you’ll be able to help us deliver core/key features to customers and build content for customers to better understand and share Yalo’s value.
About the Role
We are looking for a brand guardian. This full-time position is responsible for directing all branding communication to help drive awareness to our product and conversion revenue. Design direction may include tone and voice, brand persona, visual brand foundations, style guides, assets, digital marketing for product and sales, website design, events and internal materials. This role works closely with Director of Sales Marketing, Director of Product Marketing, Director of Product Design, CEO, designers and agencies, and reports to the Director of Product Design.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications.
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition alongside Design, Sales, Product and CEO.
- Create marketing design systems that scale effectively and are easy to use and maintain by designers.
- Own the design and UX aspect of our communication artifacts including website, sales pitches, templates, product pagers, etc.
- Lead and continuously improve the creation of communication templates for internal members to avoid dependencies on Design for minor tasks, including presentations, assets, and one pagers.
- Orchestrate (plan and execute) the design work required by Sales Marketing & Communication, Product Marketing, Product Design and People Success.
- Lead, direct, coach, and manage a team of designers with a focus on fostering continuous growth and retention of our team.
- Work closely with all company departments to drive product goals and ensure that the product brand is consistent and provides for a seamless user experience
- Understand emerging trends in both the real estate and property management marketplace
We want you to have:
- 7+ years of strategic art direction in a team environment with a strong portfolio in digital design BA in Design, Marketing, or a related field
- Awesome samples of how you art direct, design, build, and conceptualize big ideas and forward-thinking creative concepts, especially for large companies
- Demonstration of the fundamental principles of art direction and graphic design for brand, layout, typography, video, photography, and style foundations
- Strong orientation to work hand in hand with Sales, Product and Marketing, and at the same following a customer-centered approach, being part of meeting with customers and users
- Your passion to take intent and direction from your peers and leaders and apply your art direction skills to build a vision, iterate quickly, revise, and produce outstanding work
- Ownership of creative thinking of web, social, event, campaign and video projects, and how you work in a non-linear, agile manner
- Solid experience on leadership and managing teams as well as a portfolio showcasing strong designs from conception to completion
- This candidate has uncompromising attention to detail, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, works fast while maintaining quality, thinks strategically where form meets function, and effectively prioritizes business impact
- Experience in managing other designers, influencing creative teams, and giving/receiving constructive feedback in a professional manner
- English and Spanish proficiency (Portuguese is a plus)
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
Key iniatiatives to drive in 2021
- Website redesign
- Style guides, assets and templates
- Tone and voice
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!