Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
At Yalo’s Product Design Team we care for our users. We strive to understand their needs, emotions and behaviors and act as problem solvers during the product development cycle. We believe in a design that is humane, significant, ethical, collaborative and simple.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help lead the design strategy and vision of our data products, which will guide users with friendly gravitas. This includes how we communicate with users on outcomes from workflow, campaign, and web experiences to equip them to improve them , as well as how we make data easy for internal Yaleres to play with and use to add value for Yalo! You should be excited about these sorts of needs and passionate about emerging markets. This is a great opportunity to help using data to empower our internal, external and end users. You will be partnering with product managers, data analysts, engineers, data scientists and of course designers, reporting directly to the Director of Product Design.
This is a full time, remote position with + -3 hours of difference from the CDT time zone.
What you’ll do?
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about user experiences with data products
- Own the design process in assigned features or products, selecting the best framework and crafting the artifacts necessary to validate solutions from the early discovery stage to the implementation
- Craft useful, usable, used, beautiful and relevant user interfaces that satisfy users and customers needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, data scientists and peers to discover, understand, conceptualize, develop, launch and track Yalo’s data products
- Collaborate close with researcher to get insights to make data-informed decisions when designing
- Participate in Design rituals to collaborate with other designers to ensure a functional, consistent, cohesive and delightful brand experience
- Collaborate with designers in the continuous construction and improvement of our design system
- Develop interaction and UI specs and documentation for the development team
You might be a good fit if you:
- 7+ years of experience creating and designing data-intensive products, such as data visualization, metrics dashboards, and user experiences backed by machine learning and AI models.
- Proven understanding of applying human-centered design in other products.
- Love shipping lean “MVPs” to quickly iterate based on frequent user feedback.
- Experience designing products from the understanding stage to the launch.
- Experience communicating data insights and presenting concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep human behavior understanding, information architecture and user modeling skills
- A great eye for detail from micro interactions to interaction systems and from pixels to image semantics
- Experience conducting discovery and user validation methodologies in English and Spanish
- Experience working with agile methodologies and have great self-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient knowledge in design softwares such as Figma, Invision Studio, Adobe XD, Framer, Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
These skills are a plus 💫
- Experience with data visualization packages such as ggplot, Bokeh, or D3.js
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in conversational experiences
- Experience developing design systems
- Experience designing products for enterprises
- SQL knowledge
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen