Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make shit happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage a product engineering team in building some of our most important software systems. As Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in building out our engineering leadership team as well as the processes and culture. You will also help to create the team's roadmap and vision within the Yalo ecosystem.
As Yalo is growing quickly, there will be no shortage of cross function and cross team responsibilities to tackle.
What are the responsibilities of this role
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers.
- Design and build world-class software.
- Participate in architecture.
- Be actively involved in product decisions for this new evolving product.
- Debug issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
- Keep your engineering skills sharp by staying hands on with technical challenges alongside the engineering team
- Coach engineers in designing and planning feature implementations
- Provide design feedback to enable team autonomy and a scalable and maintainable code base
- Provide code review feedback, considering both style and implementation
- Use regular 1:1 to support your team through their career growth, looking for opportunities where they can find new challenges
Experience you need to perform this role:
- Strong communication skills in Spanish and English
- 7+ years of engineering experience and 2+ hands-on experience managing high performance teams
- Experience with large, high-scale applications.
- Mentored both junior and senior engineers.
- Effectively worked with leadership and other cross functional teams to set 6+ month vision and roadmap.
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture & event streaming architectures
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs in a microservices architecture
- Experience working with test-driven development
- Experience working with cloud providers like GCP, AWS etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work effectively working within an ambiguous ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams
- Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives across engineering standards.
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!