Hi! This is Yalo! We help companies build strong customer relationships through the world's most popular messaging apps.
We're an energetic and positive group of people. We take care of each other and create a safe space within the company for everyone to express themselves. We want every Yalere to reach the best version of themselves!
If you're looking for a place to make sh!t happen, make mistakes and continuously improve, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of delighting more than a billion people each day!
The Product team is currently focusing on deliver outstanding results for customers, being reliable and efficient. We need people committed to chasing key business outcomes while working together for a shared purpose:
As part of this team, you’ll be able to help us deliver core/key features to customers and build content for customers to better understand and share Yalo’s value.
A Staff Data Analyst in Yalo will help our Business Intelligence Team, strengthing the generation and analysis of relevant data for business reporting. The maintenance and development of reporting and dashboards is a day to day responsibility. The Staff Data Analyst will also be monitoring and auditing data quality, support of the data pipeline and identify improvements.
We are looking for a data lover that is passionate about discovering solutions hidden in large data sets, to help our costumers to improve their business.
What are the activities of a Staff Data Analyst?
- Work with data systems professionals to develop the infrastructure and formats for new data sources so they can be leveraged and analyzed.
- Collaborate with other areas to understand their data needs and create efficient solutions that are aligned with the company strategy.
- Own and maintain dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc requests from the organization to support day-to-day decision making.
- Managing and analyzing datasets, maintaining data integrity, coherence and communicating relevant insights of the company.
- Support for product creation and implementation.
- Support on Business Intelligence tasks and maintenance. (Data Models & Data Pipeline).
- Being able to tell/find the causes of anomalies, issues or trends with our available data.
- Explain data-related issues to internal and external clients through training and individual support.
- Being the expert on where data originates, how they are mapped and utilized in our products, and identifying what value data delivers to our customers.
- Support to the Documentation related to data products and data governance.
- Enable self-serve analytics for all the areas using our Data Visualization tools.
- Helping customer-facing teams to support implementations and customer usage.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Help to educate the business and product owners on ways to extract value from data that can be collected from our products.
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- Strong communications skills in Spanish and English.
- 4 or 5 years of experience working on data analytics positions or similar.
- +2 years of experience exceling queries, modeling data and coding on python, R or Apache Spark.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Master on SQL and NoSQL, ability to write and execute complex SQL queries to extract and analyze data from a variety of internal sources.
- Strongh knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio* or Looker*.
- Database knowledge – querying databases requires an understanding of database structures, query languages, and relationships between entities.
If you have the next skills and experience it will be a super plus:
- Using and creatiating RestAPI
- Knowledge of Big Query, GCP, MongoDB, Apache Kafka, Streamsets, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache AirFlow, etc.
- Knwoledge of stadistics and maths.
- Knowledge about machine learning algorithms.
What soft skills matter to us?
- Disruptive solving problems
- Passion for quantitative data and coding
- Available to learn and teach
- Mastering the art of resilience and patience
- Ability to handle several projects at once
- Good Storytelling based on insights
- Strong and quick sense of adaptability without losing the faith
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, one of our core values is We Care. And because We Care about every single member of our team, we work every day to be a community of Yaleres where everybody can be the best version of themselves, and furthermore where we can celebrate our differences. We accept, support and promote diversity as one of the most important features of our culture. We are proud to say that we are a company that provides equal opportunities without regard to religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical attributes or different capacities.
We all have the same objective: having the best team that’s ever been seen, and for that to happen diversity is not only desirable but necessary. We are working to build a diverse and integrated team that reflects the world we want to live in. We want you to be part of our amazing community, bringing your unique point of view so that we can share it across the globe together!