Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We’re Looking For:
Xwing is seeking a highly motivated and strategic Chief of Staff to the CEO. This critical role will act as a trusted advisor and right-hand to the CEO, providing executive-level support and driving key initiatives to ensure the company's success. As Chief of Staff, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the direction of Xwing, contribute to the growth of autonomous aviation, and play a pivotal role in scaling our company. Some Key Responsibilities:
- Strategic Support: Collaborate closely with the CEO to define and execute strategic objectives, develop operational plans, and drive the overall company vision forward.
- Executive Liaison: Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, maintaining effective relationships and facilitating communication between the CEO and various departments, partners, and investors.
- Project Management: Lead and coordinate key cross-functional initiatives and projects, ensuring alignment with company priorities and tracking progress against objectives.
- Decision Support: Conduct research, gather data, and perform analysis to support the CEO in making informed decisions and recommendations on critical business matters.
- Operational Efficiency: Identify opportunities to streamline processes, optimize resource allocation, and improve operational effectiveness across the organization.
- Communications: Assist the CEO in preparing and delivering high-quality communications, including presentations, speeches, and other materials for internal and external audiences.
- Confidentiality and Discretion: Handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality and discretion, maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, investing, strategic management, business operations, or a related field, with a proven track record of driving organizational success and supporting executive leadership.
- Industry Knowledge: Strong understanding of the aerospace industry, technology, and trends, with a passion for aviation and advancing autonomous systems.
- Analytical Skills: Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to gather and synthesize complex information, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Project Management: Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and driving cross-functional teams to achieve milestones and deliver results.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Adaptability: Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can navigate ambiguity with ease, adjusting priorities and strategies as needed.
- Leadership Qualities: Strong leadership presence, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams, build consensus, and foster collaboration across departments.
- Confidentiality: Demonstrated integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Joining Xwing as the Chief of Staff to the CEO presents an incredible opportunity to contribute to the transformation of aviation through cutting-edge technology and innovation. If you are a driven, visionary leader with a passion for aerospace and a desire to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply to become part of the Xwing team.
Compensation & Benefits:
Annual salary is between $140,000 - $200,000
- Annual bonus
- Equity and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Various voluntary benefits
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.