Xwing Inc. is on a mission to build the world’s smartest, cleanest and most advanced aviation system. We're transforming the way airplanes fly— so regional air mobility will be radically safer, more efficient, more accessible and more sustainable than ever.
Our work begins with converting today’s cargo aircraft into remotely-operated self-flying airplanes so every regional route can be serviced frequently and reliably— so every person in every corner of the world can have improved access to all the goods and supplies that are essential and important to them. Beyond the cargo market, we plan to expand our technology safely and scalably to other areas of commercial aviation.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is an aviation technology company based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and Concord, CA. Xwing was recently named Fast Company’s Top Most Innovative Transportation Companies and featured in TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions List of 2021 after completing the world’s first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground.
This position will support the Senior Leadership team of Xwing Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of Xwing Inc. This is a P&L-based organization manages several FAR 135 Certificated Airlines offering Cargo services to a number of customers including UPS. This currently includes 3 Certificates and 35 aircraft operating throughout the continental U.S.
Who We’re Looking For:
Xwing Air is seeking a high potential Executive Assistant who can juggle multiple deliverables and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual has a background in operations, executive management, and / or administrative expertise. The ideal candidate can execute quickly, proactively solve problems, and look for ways to rethink and improve our core processes.
This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will provide critical support to the Xwing Air (SLT) Senior Leadership Team (CEO, COO, V.P. Quality, V.P. Maintenance, Director Standards, and Director Safety) liaising directly with the Team on a routine basis. The position will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day schedule of the Organization, including organizing meetings, calendar management, creating briefing materials, and ensuring the entire SLT is operating smoothly.
While this position is primarily home-based, moderate travel (approximately one week per quarter) may be required.
If you’re interested in helping to shape the future of aviation with us, we want to meet you!
- Proactive and extensive calendar management – daily management of scheduling & rescheduling appointments to ensure time is strategically prioritized, communicating to attendees, exercising a flexible approach to changing schedules, ensuring appointments are met, arranging video conferences, and working with the CEO to have an efficient scheduling session to make tradeoffs and decisions on multiple priorities
- Playing a key role in Company's communications
- Effectively interfacing with high-profile customers, partners, and team members on the SLT’s behalf
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, full staff meetings, off-site meetings, client meetings, speaking engagements, one-on-one meetings, and all related logistics
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, decks, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the CEO
- Scheduling and coordinating Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Meetings
- Provide key administrative support including shipping / receiving, expense report management, NDA management, insurance management, maintaining filing systems, permitting, etc.
- Coordinate and/or lead ad hoc projects, as requested
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong judgment, resourcefulness, and an ability to problem solve
- Skillful execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail
- Polished, professional, and comfortable with a visible role
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Trustworthy – this person will have access to highly sensitive data and discretion is paramount
- Extremely skilled in Google Workspace, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting C-level executives in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to make our team the best that it can be
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience as the first EA to an Executive
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- An interest in aerospace and aerospace technology
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.