Meet one of your future colleagues!
Xwing is on a mission to build the world’s smartest, cleanest and most advanced aviation system. We're transforming the way airplanes fly— so regional air mobility will be radically safer, more efficient, more accessible and more sustainable than it’s ever been.
Our work begins with converting today’s cargo aircraft into remotely-operated self-flying airplanes so every regional route can be serviced frequently and reliably— so every person in every corner of the world can have improved access to all the goods and supplies that are essential and important to them. Beyond the cargo market, we plan to expand our technology safely and scalably to other areas of commercial aviation.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is an aviation technology company based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and Concord, CA. Xwing was recently named Fast Company’s Top Most Innovative Transportation Companies and featured in TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions List of 2021 after completing the world’s first automated cargo demonstration flight.
Backed by strategic investors, Xwing has raised over $57 million in venture funding to date, and is partnering closely with the Federal Aviation Administration towards becoming FAA-certified.
Follow our journey towards building a smarter, cleaner and better aviation system for all. Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under “Careers” to join our rapidly growing team.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Who We're Looking For:
Xwing is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer to be part of the future of aviation by leading the specification, acquisition, and testing of advanced radars. You will be responsible for overseeing radar projects, aimed at taking new radar systems from proof-of-concept through commercial certification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own the radar development process from trade studies through on-aircraft testing
- Develop requirements for radar systems in coordination with suppliers and in conjunction with FAA guidance
- Act as the technical point of contact for radar suppliers
- Participate in internal and supplier phase gate reviews (PDR, CDR, etc)
- Author and/or contribute to test plans, reports, and analyses
- Work with program management to form supplier statements of work (SOW) and review/accept proposals
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical, or related)
- 5+ years of industry experience in radar system development
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with the systems engineering process
- Knowledge of phased array architectures and components
- Understanding of FMCW and pulsed doppler systems
- Familiarity with radar signal processing methods
- Experience in commercial aerospace development programs
- Familiarity with systems safety analysis
- Familiarity with DO-178 and DO-254 processes
- Knowledge of:
- Radar signal processing methods
- Target tracking fundamentals
- Weather and tracking radar applications
- Radar waveforms
- FPGAs and programmable logic devices
- Thermal and mechanical fundamentals
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.