Xwing is on a mission to build the world’s smartest, cleanest and most advanced aviation system. We're transforming the way airplanes fly— so regional air mobility will be radically safer, more efficient, more accessible and more sustainable than it’s ever been.
Our work begins with converting today’s cargo aircraft into remotely-operated self-flying airplanes so every regional route can be serviced frequently and reliably— so every person in every corner of the world can have improved access to all the goods and supplies that are essential and important to them. Beyond the cargo market, we plan to expand our technology safely and scalably to other areas of commercial aviation.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is an aviation technology company based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and Concord, CA. Xwing was recently named Fast Company’s Top Most Innovative Transportation Companies and featured in TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions List of 2021 after completing the world’s first automated cargo demonstration flight.
Backed by strategic investors, Xwing has raised over $57 million in venture funding to date, and is partnering closely with the Federal Aviation Administration towards becoming FAA-certified.
Follow our journey towards building a smarter, cleaner and better aviation system for all. Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under “Careers” to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for a person to be part of the prototyping and fabrication team for composite and mechanical parts and assemblies. You will be assisting with making composite plugs and molds, as well as fabricating composite parts. In addition, you will be working on assembly of composite and mechanical parts as well as general fabrication.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with making prototype composite and mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Prepare plugs and molds for use, including sanding, sealing, buffing etc.
- Trim composite parts, install fasteners etc.
- Assemble components from parts using adhesives and fasteners.
- Sanding, paint and finish.
- Fabricate metal parts using traditional shop methods such as cutting, bending, drilling, manual machining etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work area.
- General shop tasks including cleaning and sweeping.
- Experience with general shop hand tools and machines.
- Good written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work from both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a group.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in English, spoken and written.
- A high sense of responsibility for the success of the team.
- Experience with composite part fabrication.
- Experience with mechanical fabrication and assembly.
- Experience with general woodworking.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.