Meet one of your future colleagues!
Xwing is on a mission to build the world’s smartest, cleanest and most advanced aviation system. We're transforming the way airplanes fly— so regional air mobility will be radically safer, more efficient, more accessible and more sustainable than ever.
Our work begins with converting today’s cargo aircraft into remotely-operated self-flying airplanes so every regional route can be serviced frequently and reliably— so every person in every corner of the world can have improved access to all the goods and supplies that are essential and important to them. Beyond the cargo market, we plan to expand our technology safely and scalably to other areas of commercial aviation.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is an aviation technology company based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and Concord, CA. Xwing was recently named Fast Company’s Top Most Innovative Transportation Companies and featured in TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions List of 2021 after completing the world’s first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground.
Backed by strategic investors, Xwing has raised over $57 million in venture funding to date, and is partnering closely with the Federal Aviation Administration towards becoming FAA-certified.
Follow our journey towards building a smarter, cleaner and better aviation system for all. Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under “Careers” to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We’re Looking For:
Xwing is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer who will own the design and construction of electrical and avionic systems that will be installed in our aircraft and labs. They will coordinate between the various departments - Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software, Flight Test, Manufacturing, Operations - as necessary to ensure the technical success of their designs. This role will serve as a primary point of contact for electrical wire harness development and installation, installation of avionics equipment and a flight test support crew.
Responsibilities and compensation commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
In the first few weeks:
- Get to know the team and the aircraft
- Help document the existing electrical systems and plan for updates
In the first 6 months:
- Prepare test plans and test reports
- Help to lead electrical hardware designs that assist in our flight test and certification efforts.
- Write Software/Firmware for testing
- Design and help lead the construction of wire harnesses and wire harness installations.
- Participate in flight test activities by installing equipment and harnesses in the aircraft.
- Work with internal and external customers to get wire harness designed and built.
- Support in the installation of avionics equipment in the flight test aircraft.
Within a year:
- Take ownership of the wire diagrams, wire harness development and our avionics installations in our labs and aircraft.
- Support flight test activities by helping troubleshoot flight test aircraft.
- Support certification activities with electrical loads analysis, electrical power design and substantiation.
- Working knowledge of EWIS practices and guidelines for aviation ASTM F2639-18
- Proficiency with Solidworks Electrical
- Avionics installation and troubleshooting.
- Able to read and review technical schematics and engineering drawings and specifications.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of AC 25-26, and AC 25-16
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.