Xwing is on a mission to build the world’s smartest, cleanest and most advanced aviation system. We're transforming the way airplanes fly— so regional air mobility will be radically safer, more efficient, more accessible and more sustainable than it’s ever been.
Our work begins with converting today’s cargo aircraft into remotely-operated self-flying airplanes so every regional route can be serviced frequently and reliably— so every person in every corner of the world can have improved access to all the goods and supplies that are essential and important to them. Beyond the cargo market, we plan to expand our technology safely and scalably to other areas of commercial aviation.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is an aviation technology company based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and Concord, CA. Xwing was recently named Fast Company’s Top Most Innovative Transportation Companies and featured in TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions List of 2021 after completing the world’s first automated cargo demonstration flight.
Backed by strategic investors, Xwing has raised over $57 million in venture funding to date, and is partnering closely with the Federal Aviation Administration towards becoming FAA-certified.
Follow our journey towards building a smarter, cleaner and better aviation system for all. Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under “Careers” to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We're Looking For:
Xwing is developing the world’s smartest aviation system, and it’s going to take a lot of data. Our sensors and systems generate and record huge volumes of data every flight. Your work will let us transform raw bytes into actionable insights. Join us and help shape the future of aviation.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Be an integral part of the team building out Xwing’s flight data management capability.
Design, Develop, Integrate and Test software for:
- Flight Data Collection
- Data cataloging and retrieval
- Automated data analysis and report generation.
- Support of formal verification and validation.
- University degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience developing highly reliable software.
- Expert knowledge in a widely used programming language.
- Accustomed to writing high-quality code, in an efficient and well-documented manner.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with other engineering teams per company priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to take ownership of a project and drive it to completion.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a fact-based and professional manner.
- Experience with real-time data collection
- Experience designing and implementing data/ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and optimizing databases and cloud storage
- Proficient in C++ and Python.
- Familiarity with DO-178C or similar formal development methodology.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.