XTX Markets is a leading algorithmic trading company partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income, and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
At XTX Markets technology is our business and we are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
One of XTX's trading application teams is looking to embed a Platform Performance Engineer, initially focused on the performance of Cloud-based hosts, but also across a global colocation-based trading system.
- Improving performance (both throughput and latency) of cloud-based trading hosts.
- Driving cost efficiency of existing trading deployments.
- Performance related on-prem work, such as hardware-specific instrumentation and coordination of A/B performance experiments.
Future work may include:
- Adapting an initial AWS-based deployment to new clouds, such as GCP.
- Over time integrate all AWS-provisioning and management into the trading team's inventory management system.
The work will NOT include:
- SRE-like ownership of underlying infrastructure / networks - these are maintained by our dedicated On-Prem Infra team.
- Trading application development - we are looking for specific value-add on the platform / performance aspects.
- Experience with the full zoo of Cloud features, we use only the most vanilla features.
- Enthusiastic about digging deeply into impact-oriented performance work, especially in cloud.
- Familiarity with standard Linux tooling, particularly network diagnostics.
- Deep knowledge (or enthusiasm to acquire deep knowledge) of protocols including TCP, WebSockets, HTTP, TLS, FIX.
- Familiarity with a statically typed programming language.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code techniques and tools, such as Terraform.
- Experience contributing to a production codebase working in a statically typed programming language.
- Compatible with the team's expectations of automated testing and code review.
This role is available in both our London and Singapore offices.