XTX Markets is a leading algorithmic trading company partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income, and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
At XTX Markets technology is our business and we are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
For XTX, providing liquidity to financial markets and their customers represents an enormous and difficult set of forecasting problems, the resolution of which requires solving ever larger data and technology problems. To achieve our goal requires exceptional levels of innovation, scientific skill, hard work and passion to provide the best possible value for those individuals and organisations needing access to the markets.
An operations role at XTX will provide exposure across all areas of the business. You will be given the opportunity to take ownership over processes early on. With the guidance of the team, candidates will improve and develop new processes using a range of technical skills such as Golang and SQL. Resolving a broad set of daily issues will mean regularly interacting with other teams and external counterparties.
Our ethos is to develop robust, scalable solutions that improve the efficiency of the team and accuracy of our data. This is an opportunity to take part in the growth of a company where decisions make a difference. The impact of operations is far beyond what you usually see within large institutions. XTX are looking for technically minded candidates with enthusiasm and initiative. The role is an opportunity to contribute to a small team with new ideas and make a real and positive impact to the team itself, as well as the firm.
The team has presence in London, Singapore, New York and Paris. This role is for Singapore.
· Trade Support. Daily reconciliations of cash, positions, and trading activity.
· Liaising with counterparties and exchanges on daily issues.
· Managing cash/collateral across multiple brokers and clearing houses.
· Live risk monitoring and escalation.
· Production of various reports (including P&L, risk, treasury)
· Ad-hoc trade executions.
· Ad-hoc data analysis and report generation.
· Onboarding new exchanges, counterparties, brokers, or products around the world as the business expands.
· Build and maintain automated processes.
· Work with the technology team to develop new tools and applications.
· Opportunities to gain exposure to various assets classes across the entire trade life cycle
· At least 3+ years working in a similar role at a leading financial firm
· Keen to learn new technical skills (we troubleshoot and/or write code every day)
· A minimum of a 2:1 in Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Diligent, focused and prepared to take ownership early on.
· Some programming experience (Python, Go) related to automation.
· Experience with Equities, Futures, FX and Options advantageous.
· A demonstrated aptitude and interest in process improvement.