XTX Markets is a leading algorithmic trading company partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
At XTX Markets technology is our business and we are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
XTX Markets is one of the largest philanthropic donors in the UK. In 2022, we donated ~£50m to charities globally. Our giving focuses on two main areas: STEM education and global development. We have also made responsive donations to humanitarian crises, e.g., Covid, Ukraine. Each of our 6 international offices has its own budget to develop charity partnerships, and we also provide match funding for employees’ personal donations.
We are seeking a Philanthropy Operations role to join our Philanthropy Team. You will play an important role in supporting the effective operations of this friendly and fast-paced team. There is a lot of scope for you to take ownership of the Team’s day-to-day operations and improve systems and ways of working. Alongside the internal operations, this is a very outward facing role, including building relationships with charity partners and engaging XTX Markets employees.
- Maintaining good records of charity partnerships, including using collaborative cloud software. You will ensure that information flows effectively and documentation is properly collated.
- Managing the calendar for the Philanthropy Team’s activities, including key monthly, quarterly and annual processes. Managing the Head of Philanthropy’s diary.
- Working effectively with other teams across the firm, eg Compliance, Finance, HR and Legal. You will contribute to ensuring that our processes align with, and support, theirs.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with charities, from due diligence and on-boarding, through to on-going management. You will liaise with a wide range of charities globally.
- Supporting internal communications and promoting the work of partner charities. You will help to create and share regular internal updates and information about events, campaigns etc.
- Supporting events run by XTX Markets. Examples include: lunch and learns for employees, and site visits for school and university students.
- Supporting XTX Markets’ participation in events run by charity partners. Examples include: 6-a-side tournaments with Bloomsbury Football, fundraisers for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- General help and support for the Philanthropy Team and other teams within XTX Markets.
We are open to applicants from any personal or professional background. You should have an interest in charities and grant-making, but no prior professional experience in these areas is required. It is much more important that you can work quickly and pro-actively in a high-performance environment.
We are particularly looking for candidates with the following characteristics and skills:
- Most important: Ability to prioritise and complete tasks rapidly, with high attention to detail
- Professional integrity (eg candour, discretion, transparency)
- Confident, hardworking and resilient (eg working independently and at pace)
- Highly organised and pragmatic (ie likes to get the job done)
- Good listening and communication skills, verbally and in writing
- XTX Markets has a hybrid working policy, but you will mostly work in-person from our London office.
- Onsite gym, sauna, and fitness classes at no charge
- Extensive medical benefits including an on-site doctor and therapist at no charge
- Breakfast and lunch provided Monday to Thursday
- Various supports for caregivers, including emergency dependent care
- Beautiful Kings Cross office: https://vimeo.com/257888726
- 25 days paid holiday per year + statutory holiday and paid sick days
This is a permanent, full-time position. Basic salary is ~£45k, with bonus scheme and pension.