XPeng Motors is one of China’s leading smart electric vehicle (“EV”) company. We design, develop, manufactures and market smart EVs that are seamlessly integrated with advanced Internet, AI and autonomous driving technologies. We are committed to in-house R&D and intelligent manufacturing to create a better mobility experience for our customers. We strive to transform smart electric vehicles with technology and data, shaping the mobility experience of the future.
We seek algorithms engineers with strong system design skills. In this role, you will research and develop state of the art core CV/ML algorithms that provide highly accurate localization of the car with low latency and high availability on a real time safety critical platform. The role requires a PhD in EE, CS or related field with a solid foundation and expertise in one of following areas: photogrammetry, 3D geometry, estimation, non-linear optimization. Experience in SLAM, 3D surface reconstruction, noise modeling or maps will be an added plus.
You will work with cross functional research and development teams in a rapidly paced environment. Your work will ensure that we deliver the most reliable mass market autonomous driving solution.
- Research and develop algorithms for ego pose tracking using semantic features from camera perception, inertial and other sensors.
- Work closely with camera perception to build 3D perception pipeline.
- Work closely with cross functional team for rapid execution on target platforms.
- Ph.D in EE, CS or related field with 3 years of experience, or Masters with 5 years full time work experience in algorithms design
- Solid 3-5 years of background in photogrammetry, 3D geometry, estimation, non-linear optimization
- Proficient in developing in C++
- Hands on experience in one of the following: visual odometry, camera calibration, 3D reconstruction, noise modeling, maps
- Strong mathematical foundation and signal processing
What do we provide:
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunity to make significant impact on transportation revolution by the means of advancing autonomous driving
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field
- Competitive compensation package
- Snacks, lunches, dinners and fun activities
The base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000-$300,000, in addition to bonus, equity and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.