Xiaopeng Motors is developing full stack solutions for autonomous driving for next generation of transportation. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about autonomous vehicles to join in and help us build best in class autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for a localization engineer with strong system design skills and experience. The team works on algorithms for localization and map fusion using a variety of sensors such as IMU, GNSS, and multiple cameras. You will be responsible for the design, and implementation of localization modules to estimate vehicle pose, orientation and speed based on these sensors. In particular, we are looking for someone with a strong systems background in GNSS signal processing , GNSS + inertial sensor integration, Kalman filtering, loosely coupled and tightly coupled engine design etc.
You will be working with a team of best in class computer vision and AI systems and software engineers to ensure best localization performance on our autonomous vehicles. Your work will ensure that we deliver most reliable mass market autonomous vehicle solution.
• Research and develop algorithms for localization, mapping, state estimation and odometry based on multiple input modalities such as inertial sensors, one or more cameras, GNSS and other sensors.
• Work closely with camera perception and sensor fusion teams to build 3D perception pipeline.
• Work closely with software and test team members on development of algorithms on target platforms.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
• PhD or Masters in robotics, electrical engineering, computer science, or related field
• Solid foundation in GNSS + Inertial sensor signal processing, feature detection and tracking, state estimation, modeling, and probability.
• Proficient in developing algorithms in either C/C++, Python or Matlab
• Excellent problem-solving skills
Preferred Skill Requirements:
• Hands on experience in inertial navigation, GNSS and localization
• Hands on experience in computer vision
• Hands on experience in IMU sensor calibration and camera calibration
What do we provide:
• A fun, supportive and engaging environment
• Opportunity to make significant impact on transportation revolution by the means of advancing autonomous driving
• Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field
• Competitive compensation package
• Snacks, lunches and fun activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.