XPilot Algorithm Lead (Director / Sr. Director)
San Diego / Mountain View, CA
Xiaopeng Motors is developing autonomous driving system called XPilot for our next generation of electric transportation. We are looking for an algorithm engineering lead (Director / Sr. Director) with solid foundation in algorithm and system design and experience in developing autonomous driving system.
As a XPilot algorithm lead, you would be working with various XPilot components teams such as perception, sensor fusion, localization, map fusion and planning to deliver breakthrough technology advancement in autonomous driving. You will be responsible for maintaining best in class XPilot system performance and delivering differentiated autonomous driving features in XPeng cars. You will enhance and maintain strong KPI driven algorithm development processes to ensure high quality algorithm design and implementations for all XPilot modules.
You will be collaborating with teams comprising of best-in-class algorithm and software engineers to ensure best XPilot performance on XPeng vehicles. Your work will ensure that we deliver most dependable and most advanced mass market autonomous driving solution.
- Drive breakthrough technical advancement in XPilot system performance to deliver differentiated autonomous driving feature. This involves fundamental understanding of autonomous driving problems and identifying high priority and strategic technical challenges and driving development of solutions for those technical challenges across the whole XPilot stack. Technical breakthroughs achieved through this process are critical for XPeng to maintain its lead in autonomous driving system.
- Enhance and maintain strong KPI driven algorithm development processes (algorithm design principals, review process, algorithm KPI metrics and targets, etc.) to ensure highly dependable and optimized XPilot algorithms.
- Conduct system architecture and algorithm design review of individual XPilot components and drive design quality and performance improvement with detailed hands-on feedback to various XPilot component teams.
- Ensure delivery of XPilot system algorithms that are robust, optimized, and extensible.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- PhD or Masters in electric engineering, computer science or related field
- Solid foundation in algorithm design, complex system architecture and design
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Experience in developing algorithms (localization, map fusion, sensor fusion, perception, and/or planning) for autonomous driving system
- Proficient in one of the programming language Python/Matlab/C/C++
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Experience in developing algorithms for L4/L5 autonomous driving system
- Experience in establishing KPI driven algorithm development processes
What do we provide:
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunity to make significant impact on transportation revolution by the means of advancing autonomous driving
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field
- Competitive compensation package
- Snacks, lunches, and fun activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.