XPeng Motors is one of China’s leading smart electric vehicle (“EV”) company. We design, develop, manufactures and market smart EVs that are seamlessly integrated with advanced Internet, AI and autonomous driving technologies. We are committed to in-house R&D and intelligent manufacturing to create a better mobility experience for our customers. We strive to transform smart electric vehicles with technology and data, shaping the mobility experience of the future.
We are looking for a software engineer with strong programming and software development skills. In this role, you will develop core CV/ML algorithms that provide highly accurate localization of the car with low latency and high availability on a real time safety critical platform. The job responsibilities includes core algorithm development, understanding software interfaces, ensuring the testability of the code, maintaining code coverage and code quality. Experience in SLAM, 3D reconstruction, surface modeling or maps will be an added plus.
You will work with cross functional research and development teams in a rapidly paced environment. Your work will ensure that we deliver the most reliable mass market autonomous driving solution.
- Develop software algorithms for ego pose tracking using semantic features from camera perception, inertial and other sensors.
- Work closely with localization, perception and planning to build 3D perception pipeline.
- Work closely with cross functional team for rapid execution on target platforms.
- Champion code quality and influence peers towards better code quality
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Masters in computer science or related area
- 3 years experience in development of full stack software solutions
- Proficient in SW development using modern C++
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Development experience for embedded systems involving integration of hardware and software
- Experience implementing linear and non-linear solvers and optimization packages
- Familiarity with homogenous coordinates and coordinate transforms and maps
- Software profiling and run-time optimization
- Familiarity with Agile workflow
What do we provide:
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunity to make significant impact on transportation revolution by the means of advancing autonomous driving
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field
- Competitive compensation package
- Snacks, lunches and fun activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.