XPeng Motors is one of China’s leading smart electric vehicle (“EV”) company. We design, develop, manufactures and market smart EVs that are seamlessly integrated with advanced Internet, AI and autonomous driving technologies. We are committed to in-house R&D and intelligent manufacturing to create a better mobility experience for our customers. We strive to transform smart electric vehicles with technology and data, shaping the mobility experience of the future.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve the complex technical challenges in autonomous driving, see the results of your work in massive production EV cars and make tremendous impact on our future.
About the Role
Our data infrastructure team is responsible for building a massive-scale data ingestion and processing platform for autonomous vehicle data. We build both cloud and on-premises infrastructure, use existing open-source technologies like Spark, Kafka, Presto, MongoDB, Airflow and also build our own.
As a Principal Data Infrastructure Engineer and Tech Lead of this team, you will be responsible for setting the technical direction for both data and machine learning infrastructure, working closely with other engineers to identify and execute on new use cases of data and ML infrastructure.
- Set the technical direction for the team and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems which will process Petabytes of data daily.
- Building data storage and indexing system to support multiple orders of growth.
- Designing solid APIs to serve data for downstream applications (REST and streaming).
- Leverage Kubernetes and containerization to better utilize underline hardware consist of both CPUs and GPUs.
- Provide observability into the systems health and execution flow, build tools and dashboards for monitoring and improving efficiency.
- Educate and evangelize best data-processing practices across the entire Autonomous Driving organization.
Experience & Skills
- Excellent Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals. It usually comes with bachelor’s or higher degree in CS, or 8+ years of experience in top-performing teams.
- Extensive programming experience, especially in Java, Python, and/or C++.
- Understanding of containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with various data-store technologies (e.g., HDFS, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.), distributed messaging platforms (e.g., Kafka), or data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Flink, Beam)
- Possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills, with an ability to lead technical discussions and engage with downstream teams on their usage of our data platform.
What do We Provide?
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunities to pursue and work on cutting edge technologies
- Snacks, lunches and fun activities.
- Competitive salary and stock options
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.