XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Senior level Splunk Engineer to support the Federal Communications Commission NSOC. The NSOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the FCC enterprise. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing:
- Enterprise IT Cyber Security Support to include Vulnerability Scanning and Management;
- Enterprise System Monitoring, Analyzing, Detecting, and Defending Support Services;
- Security Incident Response and Reporting Services Support;
- Security Environment Research and Development Support Services;
- Penetration Testing, Phishing Attack, and Cyber Security Training Services.
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of FCCs critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, and cyber ticketing management.
The hours for this position are Mon-Fri 9-5pm.
Position is contingent on successfully completing a FCC BI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Strong background in network engineering and administration
- Developing network architectures, diagrams, security plans
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with network systems engineering and systems development
- Designs and stands up security tools, components, applications, and servers that meet production specifications and project schedules.
- Experience with the configuration, installation of SIEMs, Log Analysis tools, Security Endpoint technologies, and Network based security applications and appliances.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Supports O&M tasks for NSOC tools and data feeds for the SIEM to ensure 24x7 availability
- Manages architecture, design, and upgrading current and new security solutions in support of the NSOC
- Subject Matter Expertise installing, configuring and O&M of Splunk instances
- Hands on experience configuring Splunk Indexers, Forwarders, Search Heads and Deployment Servers and alerts
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems, middleware and application issues.
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus: ZScaler, Cylance, IronKey, ProofPoint, Virtru, WebInspect, Nessus, Puppet, Tanium, EnCase, Imperva WAF, Akamai WAF
- Active Secret/Top Secret or DHS Agency Clearance
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.