XOR Security is currently seeking talented Forensic Video Analyst to support one of our premier clients within the Department of Defense for the Defense Cyber Crimes Center (DC3). The DC3 program provides comprehensive Forensic, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering support across the Defense enterprise by providing deep analysis of potential threat activity targeting the critical DOD assets. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing full spectrum Media Analysis, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced tools and analysis techniques to protect critical DoD assets from hostile adversaries.
In support of National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC), the ideal candidate will provide technical video analysis support for federated, internal, and global external customers. Candidate will conduct content and technical analysis on video files associated with electronic media provided to NMEC for exploitation. Content analysis consists of detailed review of video contents to include: addressing essential elements of information (who, what, where, when, how), identification of any unique identifiers (logos, signage, personal effects, location, and geography), spacial analysis of room / space video recorded in, identification of unique background noise signatures for follow-on analysis. Technical analysis consists of analysis of video / image file types with knowledge of compression and its effects on video quality, resolution, and file structure on a hexadecimal level, analysis of file EXIF data to determine and interpret source, device, GPS, and file MAC times. Personnel will be required to analyze graphically violent file content. Personnel will be expected to actively engage with NMEC leadership, analyst-peers, and external POCs. Personnel will be expected to assist NMEC leadership in definition and establishment of analytic processes and standards.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Must have an active TS/SCI and be willing to obtain a CI polygraph
- Subject Matter Expert in field of forensic video analysis
- Understanding of video/image file types, compression algorithms and effects on quality, resolution, and file structure
- Understanding of EXIF properties and ability to determine and interpret embedded metadata
- Understanding of XMP file properties to determine and interpret how metadata applies to production of analyzed video
- Ability to identify specific video segments and related metadata from within an XMP file
- Ability to authenticate analyzed video/image to determine if accurate to purported claims or otherwise modified
- Knowledge and ability to leverage of open source resources to augment video analysis
- Experience in utilizing intelligence analysis approach in file content analysis
- Understanding video digital signal analysis capabilities and requirements
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, EXIF analysis tools, etc.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Ability to acquire and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: LEVA, CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, iLook, etc.
- Application analysis
- Malware analysis
- Network forensics
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.