At XMTP Labs, we're reimagining the future of decentralized, secure, and portable messaging. We believe that privacy is an inalienable and universal right. Communication on today’s internet is ensnared by walled gardens, plagued by scams, and monopolized by corporations that surveil and monetize user data. This has to change.We're committed to creating a powerful communication protocol that is truly open to all. In our vision, users not only own and control their own identity and data, but also benefit economically from their participation, all while breaking free from single-entity control.Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, applications, and users. If this mission speaks to you, let's build the future of messaging together.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mobile development.
- Advanced proficiency in Swift iOS app development and iOS SDK development.
- Experience working with Cocoapods and Swift Package Manager.
- Knowledge and experience working in Rust and React Native a major plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills particularly with open-source projects.
- Familiarity with web3 development and knowledge of messaging technologies is highly desirable.
- Make impactful contributions across a Rust, Swift, React Native SDK stack, depending on project requirements.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize and tackle the highest priority work.
- Quickly identify and resolve blockers to ensure smooth developer integration.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $175-215k (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.