XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
- Strong written communication skills
- High degree of empathy
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- 2+ years of engineering people management experience
- Experience working asynchronously and building trust on a remote, distributed team
- Experience working on open-source projects with open-source teams
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organization, with excellent project management skills
- Experience communicating with high-level stakeholders and executing large initiatives in an iterative fashion
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your team
- Experience with Android and/or iOS
- Experience with TypeScript and/or React
- Knowledge of testing, profiling, and debugging practices
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing, and advancing in their careers
- Develop and implement engineering plans, policies, and procedures
- Manage and allocate resources (budget, personnel) for engineering projects
- Collaborate with other departments (such as product management, design, and business development) to ensure successful project delivery
- Monitor and report on project progress, milestones, and risks
- Identify and address engineering team performance issues
- Hire and onboard new team members.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $230 - 275k(depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.