XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
- You have hands-on experience building a functioning protocol economy
- You’ve done this before. You have a deep understanding of the theory as well as the trade-offs when building a real-world implementation.
- Extensive interest and exposure to web3, including smart contracts, NFTs, DAOs, tokens, blockchains, and crypto as a whole.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
- You will be directly working with stakeholders in the Engineering, Product, and Executive teams to gather requirements and propose solutions.
- You are amazing at written and spoken communications, and are able to translate complex topics into relatable concepts and actionable tasks.
- You can work confidently with cross-functional teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts.
- You have a highly analytical owner’s mindset
- You are a self-starter who works well independently and in teams within dynamic, rapidly changing workplaces.
- You rely heavily on data to inform and influence decisions and roadmaps.
- You are an amazing problem solver who embraces change and ambiguity. You know how to navigate highly regulated and/or ambiguous landscapes.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for XMTP’s token economy
- Design and implement XMTP’s token mechanics
- Actively research and watch closely for emergent tokenomic models to keep at the forefront of tokenomics in web3.
- Partner with the Engineering, Product, and Executive teams to inform and validate token implementation.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.