XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
We’re hiring a web3 content writer to join our team. This person will work closely with our founders, taking the lead to design, generate, and deploy a content marketing strategy and roadmap. We’re looking for an expert self-starter who is passionate about storytelling; a content creator who wants to grow our presence as thought leaders, educate and explore the benefits of decentralized technologies and loves to encourage others to explore and extend their crypto-knowledge. They are endlessly curious about technology and press it upon themselves to stay informed of all news related to web3/crypto/blockchain. The ideal candidate is someone who flourishes in ambiguity and possesses a large content/marketing toolkit while always on the hunt for unique opportunities to share our company’s vision and mission.
- 5+ years of extensive experience in content writing and marketing (preference for this person to have 2+ years of experience covering web3/cryptocurrency/blockchain)
- You thrive in start-up and/or fast-paced environment requiring you to spin multiple plates collaborating with teams and individuals spanning across multiple time zones and functions
- A giant appetite for consuming crypto/fintech/web3 news and consider yourself an active member in its community frequently attending conferences, webinars, and/or hackathons.
- Passionate and creative storyteller; your objective is educate and inspire audiences beyond the crypto-native community
- You aren’t afraid to get in the weeds whether it’s publishing new articles on our blog, creating YouTube content to drive traffic to our site, or engaging users directly on social (Twitter/Discord/Github).
- Excellent writing and research skills with a strong attention to detail
- Work samples, including twitter and blog posts, required.
- Drive effective and creative marketing campaigns, working cross-functionally with design, content, product, and other teams (Social media & branding campaigns)
- As content writer, you will be responsible for generating the story line and supporting content to create a consistent presence for the XMTP Labs team across multiple platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership, product, design, and other teams to lay the foundation for current and future marketing initiatives
- Drive consistency through a content roadmap and calendar, and develop a strong brand presence across platforms
- Establish best practices in our approach to interacting in public with potential and existing customers.
- Generate, edit, and update content for blog and twitter, PR, website, video scripts, social media and similar platforms
- Educate leadership on current marketing trends; propose, recommend, and advocate for new toolings/resources if necessary
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $120-140k (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.