Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users.
By enabling end-to-end encrypted messaging between web3 identities, XMTP enables developers to build messaging features that create value while deepening user engagement and trust.
We are looking for technical product managers to help build core protocols, developer tools, and showcase apps to address the most important communication use cases for web3 builders, including project-to-community announcements, dapp-to-user notifications, marketplace buyer/seller coordination, and creator/fan direct engagement.
As a technical product manager you’ll operate in close collaboration with Engineering, Developer Relations, Technical Documentation, User Research, and Product Design to:
- Drive product discovery to uncover urgent and unmet developer needs, and disseminate those insights to develop organizational awareness and empathy
- Surface, refine, and prioritize hypotheses around minimally viable solutions to developers’ most significant problems and pain points
- Propose product strategies that align the protocol’s goals and hypotheses with strongly-evidenced developer needs, and the roadmap to deliver against them
- Crystallize and prioritize product requirements using design explorations, user stories, and release acceptance criteria
- Facilitate cross-functional planning, execution, and communication of short-cycle iterations and releases
- Measure and communicate progress against qualitative and quantitative validation criteria for product hypotheses
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a product manager or technical product manager.
- You have a proven track record of shipping products beloved by developers.
- You’re passionate about efforts to improve standards around privacy, interoperability, and user-owned data, and you’re optimistic about web3’s potential to accelerate them.
- You enjoy learning about new SDKs, APIs, design systems, and front-end frameworks, and you have a feel for their developer ergonomics.
- You value “getting out of the building” to see the world through users’ eyes.
- You write quickly, clearly, and persuasively to build conviction and alignment.
- You obsess over clarity, and you sweat the details when it comes to competitive landscape, technical implementation, and project planning.
We don’t require you to have direct web3 experience or a background in engineering.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's a inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
About XMTP Labs
XMTP Labs was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
XMTP Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.