We have a big mission at XMTP.
Communication tools – ranging from user messaging, to app notifications, to group chat – are the number one most requested user features across web3. Because of the privacy and security needs of web3 and wallets, entirely new standards, stacks, and SDKs need to be architected for the industry to advance and deliver world-class, native, web3 messaging solutions to end-users.
But we can’t do this alone. To truly build a reliable, open-sourced, interoperable protocol, we need to engage an international community of developers, dapps, and thought leaders. It's not just that we need their help; it's that we need a protocol built and owned by the community.
This is where you come in.
We are already working with some of the biggest products & communities in web3, but are seeking a Developer Relations person to build and grow developer awareness and advocacy for XMTP. You’ll need to understand unique problems that developers face, help them implement SDKs, and build developer-focused content and programs that engage and activate the developer community at scale.
You will also be responsible for representing developer feedback, working with product teams to help shape roadmaps and strategies based on developer insights and pain points. Your ultimate mission will be to cultivate a vibrant and inclusive developer community, help developers understand what is possible with XMTP, and make it as easy as possible to integrate XMTP into all web3 applications.
As Developer Advocate you will:
- Create a developer relations & experience strategy
- Build and operationalize a comprehensive strategy for how XMTP will engage, inspire and empower developers across the global web3 ecosystem. This will range from growing our developer community to managing voice-of-the-developer programs and launching developer engagement initiatives.
- Help developers build with XMTP
- Tell engaging stories around why developers should integrate the XMTP protocol and SDK into their Dapps.
- Write clear documentation, compelling tutorials, and engaging videos. Develop and deliver content, presentations that resonate with the web3 community. Drive and participate in developer workshops and other external events.
- Organize and host hackathons, meetups, workshops, and other events that help drive engagement with the developer community.
- Help XMTP understand developer needs
- Report on the needs of the community to the XMTP engineering and product teams, ensuring that everything we build is useful to the community.
- Research and report on projects and trends web3.
What we look for in you (i.e., job requirements):
- You are an expert at empowering global developer communities
- You know how to engage and inspire communities all around the world. You’re an expert at building strong relationships with technical and non-technical audiences, and can leverage creative thinking and efficient processes to design the best experiences for developers.
- You have experience growing developer relations functions. You have 3+ years as a developer and 3+ years in an advocacy or educational role, such as developer relations and advocacy, technical content creation or technical events and conference management.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
- You are amazing at written and spoken communications, and are able to translate complex topics into relatable concepts and actionable tasks.
- You can work confidently with cross-functional teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts. You know how to identify, frame and lead the resolution of “hot issues” from both internal and external sources.
- You have a highly analytical owner’s mindset
- You are a self-starter who works well independently and in teams within dynamic, rapidly changing workplaces.
- You are an expert in systems leadership and design thinking. You know how to amplify impact by connecting tools and technologies with people and processes. You rely heavily on data to inform and influence product decisions and roadmaps.
- You are an amazing problem solver who embraces change and ambiguity. You know how to navigate your team within highly regulated and/or ambiguous landscapes.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.