Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a decentralized messaging network & protocol for web3.
- Build and implement initiatives around people operations including competitive benefit programs, culture and engagement, resource planning, learning, and development
- Construct the compensation philosophy and administration associated with compensation, equity, and 401K plans
- Architect and champion best practices across the organization focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work cross-functionally to solve root people challenges, all while navigating various levels of sensitivity, complexity, urgency, and ambiguity
- Work with the co-founders to maintain and support our team culture through company growth
- Create and implement scalable HR systems, programs, policies and initiatives
- Work with the organization to build a performance management, development and team building program
- Own the onboarding to off-boarding process, including new hire engagement, employment verifications, immigration, benefits enrollment & changes, and separation processes
- Provide employee guidance for benefit questions, open enrollment support, escalating issues to brokers as necessary
- Partnering with the executive team and managers on organization design and development
- Develop and manage with the executive team processes to promote internal employee communication
- Ensure the company is aligned with employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Identify new ways to develop employee experience and employer branding
- You have 7+ years of functional experience across general areas of HR or People Operations
- You showcase excellent communication skills across multiple audiences and mediums, a focus on written communication
- You have pervious experience working with company leaders and managers
- You can switch contexts across a growing company, no problem
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as the primary HR point-of-contact within a high-growth company or business unit
- Significant working knowledge of all HR functional areas including diversity & inclusion, employee experience, learning & development, performance management employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- You hold domain knowledge in the different areas of HR: Benefits, Organization Design, HRIS, Compensation, Rewards, and Retention
- Proven track record of being a people leader with an ability to resolve complex issues in support of a positive, inclusive work environment
- Familiarity with employment laws and best practices, global experience is a plus
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence and build support for ideas and initiatives
- Ability to develop strong relationships with partners across all levels of the organization
- High-growth startup experience is a plus
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.