Levels: Senior Researcher, Staff Researcher, Principal Researcher
As a Senior UX Researcher at XMTP you will:
- Establish research best practices and embed the research function in the product development lifecycle
- Create, establish, design, and analyze collected data and lead studies using methods and sources such as in-depth interviews, usability testing, user surveys, blockchain activity, concept testing, and A/B testing
- Work closely with the Product Design, Engineering, and Executive team to create actionable goals and initiatives using research insights
- Prioritize research internally as well as contribute research learnings to the external XMTP community
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys
- Experience seeing the research process end-to-end from ideation all the way to the proposed solution
- Proficiency in evangelizing and communicating user research data with cross-functional partners to drive impact and steer direction
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis in written communication
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Experience using empirical research methods such as computer science, statistics, and other fields to distill data into tactical insightsExperience leading or contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with secure projects or protocols
- Experience with cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Experience building with decentralized networks, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchains, etc.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.