Our mission at XMTP is to build an open, crypto-native communication protocol that connects communities, applications, and users. As a Senior Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing your own strategy and vision from the ground up. This position will report to our Co-founder & President.
XMTP is only as valuable as the network that uses it. The importance of this role cannot be understated. Our partners will be our everything.
We are looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager who will be instrumental in developing the multi-year, global strategic plan for XMTP’s relationships with some of our most important external partners. The person in this role will lead the team responsible for executing on complex, high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind) and building relationships across our entire industry. We play the long game in both business and life. Relationships are at the core of everything we do.
Levels: Senior Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Lead, Director of Partnerships
As a Senior Partnerships Manager at XMTP you will:
- Manage XMTP’s most critical partnerships
- Be able walk the line between technical speak and business speak
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs and build this entire org from the ground up
- This will include doing the work before you have a the full team built
- Innovate on how we encourage partners to adopt our products
- Give strategic feedback to our product and engineering teams on driving adoption
- Own relationships with protocol and industry executives, navigating the organizations they lead to educate key partner contacts about XMTP’s value proposition, further develop XMTP’s understanding of their interests and needs, and identify/execute complex commercial and developer deals that support XMTP’s strategic objectives
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate post-deal implementation/integration plans are put in place in the course of the deal process
- Expand current relationships to get better adoption and product feedback. If successful, relationships and partnerships should last forever
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent XMTP effectively in interfacing with C-Level executives
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience, with a background in strategy, business development, and partner management
- A focus on building & developing lasting relationships
- A proven track record of leading high-performing teams in a product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience designing industry-wide partnership strategies, and forging commercial relationships to build innovative product experiences
- Experience leading large, complex, and first-of-their-kind commercial negotiations end to end, from opportunity identification through deal execution
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal far beyond signing, and to lead/influence teams developing and implementing plans to realize the intended benefits of partnerships pursued
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Experience in working with open source projects
- Experience in working with decentralized networks, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchains, etc.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors and builders in tech and crypto: Offline Ventures, Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary's Sound Ventures, IDEO CoLab, Nascent, Betaworks, and founders from Aave, Anchorage, Argent, Balancer, Compound, Dapper Labs, Messari, Origin Protocol, Synthetix. Our angels also include Alexis Ohanian, Naval Ravikant, Balaji Srinivasan, Meltem Demirors, Anthony Pompliano, Dan Romero, Scott Belsky, and more.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.