Our mission at XMTP is to build an open, crypto-native communication protocol that connects communities, applications, and users. As a Senior Product Manager at XMTP you'll help define and drive the roadmap that will help us achieve that goal.
Levels: Senior Product Manager, Product Lead, Director of Product
As a Senior Product Manager at XMTP you will:
- Help define, implement, and drive the XMTP vision, strategy, and roadmap, including its protocol, reference clients, SDKs, and developer platform
- Own product development from concept through deployment, ensuring timely execution working cross functionally with engineering, design, developer relations, and the partnerships team
- Establish, measure, and analyze key success metrics for the protocol and its related products
- Identify and creatively resolve complex technical and cross-functional issues
- Participate in open source development
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis in written communication, and the ability to speak to both partnership and technical teams internally and externally
- A bias towards curiosity and asking questions
- 6+ years of experience in product management, with examples of shipping products on time
- Experience and knowledge of open source software products development practices
- A working knowledge of blockchain technologies and the ecosystem, as well as a passion for the ideas behind Web3
- An excellent understanding of GitHub workflows, pull requests, issue tracking and milestones
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Experience leading or contributing to open source projects
- Experience in working with decentralized networks, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchains, etc.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors and builders in tech and crypto: Offline Ventures, Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary's Sound Ventures, IDEO CoLab, Nascent, Betaworks, and founders from Aave, Anchorage, Argent, Balancer, Compound, Dapper Labs, Messari, Origin Protocol, Synthetix. Our angels also include Alexis Ohanian, Naval Ravikant, Balaji Srinivasan, Meltem Demirors, Anthony Pompliano, Dan Romero, Scott Belsky, and more.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.