Senior Platform Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
XMotors.ai provides autonomous self-driving features for the Xiaopeng Electronic Vehicles in China market. We are looking for people passionate about self-driving vehicles to join in and help us build top class autonomous self-driving vehicles.
As a platform software engineer, you will be part of a team working towards XMotors.ai’s autonomous vehicle vision. You will be responsible for the design and development of the platform software for Autonomous Driving System. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and implement Autonomous Driving software platforms, including kernel modifications/extensions, driver implementation/enhancement, middleware implementation/enhancement, system integration, performance/power optimization, stress/stability/compliance test.
- Drive the reliability of the software platform which includes RADAR, LiDAR, Camera, GPS and IMU sensor processing and fusion.
- Work towards the best user experience.
- Analyze complex technical issues and independently drive resolution across multiple teams.
- Work in an environment which involves Hypervisor, Linux, QNX RTOS.
You must be a self-motivated, well-rounded individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, who is willing to learn and is open to criticism and different approaches. You must also be an excellent team player, be focused on achieving results, and have passion for product excellence and quality. You are required to have:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Strong Linux kernel, QNX RTOS and low level system software experience
- Strong debugging skills from application to kernel level
- Embedded system, SW/HW cross domain knowledge
- Device driver knowledge is a major plus
- Master of software debugging tools: software debuggers, analyzers, trace loggers
- Automotive Tier-1 or OEM experience
- Understanding of vehicle ADAS ECUs and sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Proficiency with Python, Shell, and Git
The following are nice to have but not required:
- Experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape
- Experience in system-level testing of a complex hardware-software product
- Experience in Automotive industry
- Familiarity with Universal Diagnostic Services (UDS), Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Familiarity with Communications protocols (CAN, UDS, DoIP, SOME/IP, DDS, MQTT, REST, etc.)
- Familiarity with ISO 26262 or other safety standards
What do we provide:
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunities to pursue and work on cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- Snacks, lunches and fun activities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.