X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 10% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 3 adult U.S. smartphone users. X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world’s largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions.
X-Mode is looking for a full-time Engineering Manager to lead our back-end team. This role directly reports to VP of Engineering. This position is full-time remote, meaning you can work from anywhere in the U.S. and you'll be expected to travel a few times of year for in-person team retreats. Our technical staff is scattered across the U.S, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use video conferencing tools (like Slack, Google Meet) to coordinate, as well as Jira for tasking, and Bitbucket for source control.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment
- Use big data technologies, processing frameworks, and platforms to solve complex problems related to location
- Grow and mentor a strong, high-performing engineering team.
- Build, improve, and maintain data pipelines that ingest billions of data points on a daily basis
- Efficiently query data and provide data sets to help Sales and Client Success teams' with any data evaluation requests
- Have a strong sense of empathy for your team and maintain a deep respect for their happiness and careers
- Ensure high data quality through analysis, testing, and usage of machine learning algorithms
WHO YOU ARE:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 + years of development experience
- 5+ years management experience and leading a distributed team
- You have proven success in delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems
- You enjoy working at small companies and building teams from the ground up
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. Spark, Hive, or Presto/Athena
- Real-time streaming with Kinesis, Kafka or similar libraries
- 4+ years working with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with AWS technologies
- A self-motivated learner who is willing to self-teach
- Willing to mentor junior developers
- Self-starter who can maintain a team-centered outlook
- BONUS: Experience with Python, Machine Learning
- BONUS: GIS/Geospatial tools/analysis and any past experience with geolocation data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company