Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our vision is to build digital infrastructure for Southeast Asia, supporting customers from fast-growing startups, NGOs to multinational enterprises such as Traveloka, Lazada, Garuda Indonesia, Suzuki, and Ciputra.
Your mission is to lead the infrastructure team building state of the art IT infrastructure and develop tooling and automation to make our developers happier and our system more reliable.
- Build infrastructure roadmap and strategy to future-proof our infrastructure’s reliability, scalability, security and cost efficiency
- Drive the adoption of SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) practice across Xendit
- Drive engineering org reliability, observability, and proficiency with monitoring tools
- Proactively improves frameworks for infrastructure’s release processes, testing efforts and improvement to infrastructure’s testing process and tools
- Develop strategy to improve RPO and RTO according to Business Impact Analysis
- Own the enforcement and automation of infrastructure security best practices and compliance requirements
- Lead large cross-organizations engineering initiatives
- Hire, retain and nurture diverse and distributed infrastructure teams while fostering a positive and safe work environment
- Collaborate with industry counterparts to proactively anticipate short and long term company’s needs
- Represent infrastructure teams to internal stakeholders, customers, partners, community and media
- Resolve interpersonal and technical conflict within the team
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree
- 9 - 12 years of relevant IT experience, with a minimum of 5-year hands-on technical experience on cloud infrastructure engineering and a minimum of 3-year experience as a manager for an infrastructure team
- You have led team that has shipped and operated microservices and Kubernetes infrastructure in Alibaba Cloud, GCP, AWS or other cloud providers
- Strong project management skills to drive large cross-organizations initiatives span for 6 months or longer
- Capable to hire rapidly, mentor effectively and build autonomous teams in high-growth organization
- Successful track record in managing vendors to deliver projects in aggressive timeline
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- You have working experience in high growth startup or highly regulated company which require compliance from PCI DSS or HIPAA
- Bonus point if you are certified in PMP, TOGAF, ITIL, CKA, or AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.