Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our accounting function ensures that we are fully compliant in each business according to local regulation, and that management has the latest financial information with which to make the best decisions. With the fast growth of our business, the accountant should be proactively looking for innovative ways to manage exponentially increasing data . The primary goal is to ensure financial statements are comprehensive, reliable and audited before being presented to management by the end of each reporting period.
He/she shall be independent and creative and willing to put much effort in getting the things done during the deadline.
This role comes with substantial trust and responsibility, and has a real and important impact on Xendit Operations. Our people are our heart, and our finances our lifeblood. The actions, words and the decisions you make have a real impact on our future so you’ll be personally liable for our success.
An Accountant & Tax Specialist is someone that can do the grunt work, to deliver on time reporting, with accuracy and reliability and at the same time stay compliant to the regulation. Not only this, but they are creative and innovative enough to help drive automation & build out SOPs to increase efficiency & scalability of the accounting department. They can be trusted to confidentially manage important data. They have the hustle to make things happen quickly, with precision, no matter what the task is.
- Accuracy in data
- All transactions are entered and reconciled in Xero, no more than 10 days after end of month
- All Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled
- Profit & Loss accounts are complete and follow GAAP standard
- All schedules are well prepared as needed
- Clear and concise reporting, delivered on time, in the right format
- Produce first draft Financial Statements (P&L, Balance Sheet) for review by the 15th of every month
- Assist in preparation of external regulatory and compliance reports
- Create and maintain filing system
- Develop and maintain a neat, logical and organised paper filing system for all accounting/banking paperwork
- Develop and maintain a logical and organised electronic filing system for all paperwork that needs to be accessed remotely
- Wherever possible, replace paper with electronic filing
- Optimise for efficiency
- Propose solutions for, and help to project manage automation projects
- Develop SOPs to maximise efficiency and scalability of the accounting department
You may be a good fit if
- You have worked in a fast growing startup or in one of the Big 4 accounting firms for at least 2 year
- You have a fair knowledge of Indonesia tax regulations and have worked on the monthly and/or annual tax reporting
- You have developed SOPs before, and like to be structured & follow good process
- You’re willing to work harder than most and humble enough to learn from people younger than you
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in payments industry or company with high volume of transactions, especially if you understand how core banking systems are run
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.