Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our Experiments team builds growth engines for Xendit through experimental products. We do this by pushing the frontiers of what is possible in the industry and creating modern solutions to old problems.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to innovate and iterate our way to a great solution. It will help if you have a strong interest in growth (personally and professionally) and, therefore, a continuous improvement mindset.
We also highly regard someone that is unyielding in reliable, scalable, and readable code.
You will join a small technical team and make technical decisions that will drive growth for our company. To solve for customers, you will also work closely with our business teams and work directly with our CEO.
- Build entire business tech solutions as experiments with best practice and scalability in mind
- Build tooling to help us do that easier
- Help guide business requirements with technical feasibility and constraints
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- 2+ years of a successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in any of the following: Node.js - TypeScript, Golang
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database schema design and query optimization
- Strong knowledge of REST and pub/sub design patterns
- Experience with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks
- Experience with Agile development
- Ability to break down complex business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to architect distributed systems on cloud computing platforms
- Thrive on being independent and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Communicate well
You may have an advantage if
- Familiar with Domain-Driven Design
- Comfortable with modern DevOps: k8s, terraform
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.