At x.ai, we believe everyone deserves a helpful artificial intelligence assistant to give you back the hours spent in meeting scheduling ping-pong. We are building AI personal assistants (Amy and Andrew) that schedule meetings for you. This is a yet unsolved problem within AI, and a formidable technical challenge.
Our team has spent over 3 years building powerful, fundamental technology to allow us to solve the meeting scheduling problem. While we’ll always be working to make Amy and Andrew smarter, our next big challenge is scaling, to make them available to everyone in the world.
Full-stack developers at x.ai own the full lifecycle of building web applications, from system design to deployment.
- Select those projects where your skills and interests will have the greatest impact and drive those projects to completion
- Design, build, test, deliver, and operate web applications using the Angular framework and Node.js
- Participate in technical decision-making, helping to bring our technology stack into the future, and adding new technologies and frameworks when pragmatic and appropriate
- Mentor colleagues, participate in pair programming and skill-building, and generally raise the level of web application development expertise across our tech team
We are seeking an uncommonly talented new colleague to join our tech team and own the job of building web applications.
- You are, above all, a senior software engineer with the maturity brought by 7+ years of experience.
- You know backend programming in some language. We use Node.js, Scala, and Python (so experience in any of those is a bonus).
- You have non-trivial database experience. We use MongoDB, so experience with a document database is ideal.
- You’ve used some modern cloud infrastructure to deploy and operate applications. We use AWS and a Mesos stack using Docker.
- Self-managed and flexible paid time off - vacation & sick time
- Solid Healthcare
- Gym membership on us
- Team outings, both near and far
- Collaborative work spaces
- Weekly catered team dinners and a steady flow of coffee & beer
- Your own personal assistants, Amy and Andrew