Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 130 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
We’re looking for a VP of Finance who will report directly to the CFO. As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for leading the financial control team within Xapo and the FP&A functions.
- Lead the financial control and FP&A function of Xapo, including overseeing accounting, control, reporting, planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and unit economics modelling.
- Able to lead investor interactions and monthly and quarterly reporting for several investors.
- Develop and monitor financial targets and in line with strategic objectives..
- Prepare high-quality financial reports within agreed deadlines for the CFO, including the monthly shareholder and Board pack..
- Have extensive demonstrated financial modelling experience, in particular unit economics.
- Report on and monitor unit economics and make recommendations/insights for business growth, unit economics improvement and profitability.
- Manage the weekly target tracker to key business metrics that need to be achieved.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate the financial control and FP&A teams, ensuring high performance against agreed strategic objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have at least 7 - 10 years experience in a fintech or equivalent environment.
- Crypto accounting experience is a preference
- Must be in the day to day detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field; CFA; Chartered Accountant or equivalent degree preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in a senior finance role, with significant experience leading the finance and FP&A function of a company.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, FP&A and other related areas.
- Experience with financial modelling and business intelligence/insights..
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with a track record of leading high-performance teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and distributed environment.
- Passion for the fintech industry and Xapo's mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.