Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
We’re looking for a Product Owners who will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the cross-functional stream-aligned team (SAT) in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product as it relates to money flows, crypto transactions and banking. Among other responsibilities, you will gather feature requests, facilitate comprehensive requirements gathering, schedule releases and coordinate sprints.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Collaborate with the SAT and other stakeholders from design through execution and implementation;
- Build a strong understanding of how Xapo customers send, receive and hold funds, and discover how Xapo can make this simpler, faster, cheaper and more valuable;
- Own the end-to-end delivery of new features and improvements to existing features;
- Assess opportunities, understand behaviour and test hypotheses using data analysis and discovery;
- Facilitate conversations between the Business and Technology stakeholders to determine the “what” and the “how” of product features; and
- Cooperate and lead cross-functional teams if needed with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, primarily payment providers and partner banks, to identify new technical requirements and solutions, or to solve technical issues.
- Work closely with Product Manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI;
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product;
- Set Sprint goals, track, and report on sprint progress.
Oversee and manage development stages
- Participate in cross-functional stream-aligned teams as the Product Owner;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined requirements to work on;
- Remove or mitigate impediments to the team progress;
- Represent and serve as the point of contact between subject matter experts and other stakeholdersEnsure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Plan, execute and monitor UAT; and
- Document new product features and systems.
Evaluate product progress
- Monitor the product and the platforms’ performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Recommend and execute operational improvements, work with appropriate functional areas to simplify the way we do business and create a better customer experience;and
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new features and capabilities.
- Build knowledge on industry developments, provider landscape and regulatory changes, to become the go-to person for all things payments related at Xapo;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development;
- Be aware of competitors in the FinTech industry;
- Be up-to-date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ years;
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and architecture principles;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master qualification is a plus;
- Experience shipping market-leading products in a fast-growing fintech and/or payments company as Senior Product Owner is essential;
- Experience and subject matter expertise in financial services, payments, correspondent banking and banking operations;
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions;
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience working in the crypto space is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.