Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Senior Data Engineer at Xapo. Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
As Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible to:
- Building a centralized, performant, and reliable data analytics ecosystem, including a data warehouse, integrations, and ETL
- Translating complex business requirements into internal data products with a high degree of autonomy.
- Designing and building highly scalable data pipelines for specific business use cases using GCP tools like Dataflow, Dataprep, Cloud Data Fusion, Big Query etc.
- Enforcing software development best practices and mentoring junior team members
- Work experience with Google Cloud Platform data engineering tools like BigQuery, Dataflow, Data Catalog.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
- Experience in building real-time data processes
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines and orchestrating data processes.
- Advanced SQL, including query optimization
- Programming experience in building high-quality software. Python or Scala, preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Work experience with GCP machine learning tools like TensorFlowExperience using Java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, NiFi and Map Reduce.
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Degree or coursework in data science or software engineering
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
- Ownership mentality.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.