Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners and expose all of that through and API.
While leveraging our API, customers are able to build fully regulated financial applications with a few lines of code. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
Wyre is seeking a VP of Engineering to lead our growing engineering team - you will be reporting directly to the CEO of the company and will be a critical part to Wyre’s success. As the VP of Engineering, you will collaborate with our leadership team, business owners, and product managers to develop innovative and effective solutions. You must have extensive experience with software architecture, project estimation, agile methodology and experience managing dev teams. You will be leaned on heavily for strategic direction of the team and their projects.
For more details on our Product and where the company is heading, click here: https://blog.sendwyre.com/our-mission-is-to-help-all-764-dapps-and-decentralized-exchanges-39227b556f0b
- You will manage and scale a team of software architects and engineers to build scalable and secure features which make our API and SDK accessible and seamless to use
- You will work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to help develop products which allow developers to create financial apps
- You will be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code reviews
- You will hire and grow your teams with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization
- You will lead complex architectural discussions that involve multiple systems
- You will identify product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of people management experience and/or leading engineering projects and at least 5+ years experience working as a software engineer on a team with other engineers
- Experience and demonstrated track record in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment
- Experience working with financial services and/or blockchain technology
- Somebody who is passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it
- A leader who is comfortable with ambiguity and possess the experience to guide difficult conversations which result in clarity and achieving consensus
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience with async programming paradigms (our backend is written using RxJava)
- A natural leader who always finds ways to help others on the team learn, develop and continually improve
- A strategic thinker who likes to roll up your sleeves and execute
- A clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word, deeply empathetic toward your customer
- Get a true stake in the company
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Fully paid 18-week parental leave
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Free lunches delivered to the office
- Computer setup of your choice
- Dog-friendly office
- 24/7 snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
- Option to take pay in digital currencies
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure. Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides onramps and offramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
Come #buidl with us!
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of awesome and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.