Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners. Using Wyre’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and 3 cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
The Growth team is an interdepartmental effort where Product and Partnerships intersect. A major avenue for growing our inbound partnership leads and our userbase is by growing our community presence. The Community Growth lead will promote the Wyre vision/brand and position ourselves as leaders of the greater crypto community. By growing a strong community we will elevate our partners, create network effects around our users and create a strong feedback loop for iterating on product. Our users and partners are an extremely diverse group – from the fastest growing, crypto startups in the world today, to traditional enterprise customers who are transitioning to a more modern infrastructure. You’ll be the voice in our community and the voice of the community at Wyre. By helping the community win, we win. We’re excited to have you join us on our adventure.
Core responsibilities of the role are:
- Synthesizing our vision and branding objectives into a cohesive strategy for engaging our community and executing on plan.
- Engaging our partners, user and community with content production on the Wyre Blog and on Wyre Talks, our podcast.
- Being the voice of the community internally to provide feedback to the Partnership and Product teams.
- Completely running our social media presence on Twitter, Discord, and Telegram
- Managing the content release schedule to have the greatest impact on our community.
- Organizing and running our in-person presence at meetups, roadshows, conferences and hackathons.
- Designing new network bootstrapping initiatives to engage and grow our community. Example, posting ad-hoc Wyre desgin work on Gitcoin or managing a Wyre CDP on MakerDAO.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Already a crypto head and understands the value of a strong community.
- An excellent people person with high emotional intelligence.
- An exceptional writer and oral communicator.
- Confident yet humble. Ready to voice their opinion when it matters.
- A strong growth strategist.
- Organized and excectes on plan.
- Intellectually curious, with an appetite to learn more about crypto.
- Get a true stake in the company
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Fully paid 18-week parental leave
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Free lunches delivered to the office
- Computer setup of your choice
- Dog-friendly office
- 24/7 snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
- Option to take pay in digital currencies
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure.
Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides onramps and offramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
Come #buidl with us!
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
Our Growth team is a team of passionate people working together to design and execute our strategy, The sharing of ideas is rampant, but not at the cost of sacrificing productivity. We collaborate, strategize, and execute.
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to grow something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.