Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks and exchanges. Using Wyre’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and over cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, and regulatory aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We proactively work with regulators to help ensure future business growth is attained in a responsible and conscientious fashion while the operation remains regulatory compliant and commercially sound.
The Compliance team is responsible for conducting Sanctions, Identity Verification (IDV/KYC), and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) reviews across the Wyre products. You will be responsible for managing our day-to-day AML Policy operations.
We’re excited to have you join us on this adventure.
- Reviews certain types of compliance screens such as sanctions screening, know your customer screening in relation to BSA/AML and Sanctions Compliance.
- Reviews and monitors transactions and activities to determine whether potential suspicious activity exists and gather the necessary information for filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Enhances policies and procedures with the ability to adapt to changing processes and review requirements.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends, especially in the area of consumer and financial regulations.
- Support of monthly reports along with facilitating risk assessments.
- Investigate red flags of potential money laundering, fraud, or terrorist financing.
- Deep knowledge of compliance, sanctions, AML, fraud, risk and other related fields processes, rules and regulations within a payments system.
- Analyzes customer relationships, documentation, activity patterns and transactions to detect potential suspicious activity through the monitoring system as well as identifies potential regulatory or terms of service violations by customer.
- Provides information on trends to be used for potential control or rule enhancements to compliance program.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Crypto and blockchain knowledge and experience a big plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledgeable in new and evolving technology and trends driving payments and e-business innovations. Solid financial industry understanding.
- Well-developed communications, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project management and strategic and/or operational planning skills.
- 2+ years proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent.
- Get a true stake in the company
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Fully paid 18-week parental leave
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Free lunches delivered to the office
- Computer setup of your choice
- Dog-friendly office
- 24/7 snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
- Option to take pay in digital currencies
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure.
Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides onramps and off ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
Come #buidl with us!
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.