Wyng is a marketing platform for brands and agencies to build and run campaigns that drive participation and elevate consumer influence.
Wyng embodies our vision to elevate consumer influence by providing a marketing platform for brands and agencies to build and run campaigns that drive participation. We powered the first Super Bowl hashtag commercial in 2011. Since then, we've continued to evolve our platform to align with shifts in consumer behavior through a robust library of campaign templates. We help brands create communities, what we call tribes, bound by affinity and connection. Wyng is headquartered in New York City.
About the Position:
This position will report into the CFO. The Director of Finance is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The director of Finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
- Develop and maintain management reporting schema to help steer the company’s direction.
- Work closely with the leaders of other departments to help them run their departments smoothly and in coordination with overall company goals.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department and maintain ownership of the general ledger to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Manage payroll, employee expense reports, vendor payments and month-end journal entries.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial statements & perform variance analysis to explain financial results.
- Liaise with financial institutions, external auditors and tax advisers.
- Maintain financial business model and monitor actual spending against the budget.
- Work with various other applications and databases, such as CRM systems, to help ensure the integrity of reported data across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related is required. CPA is strongly preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 8-12 years of a combination of financial planning and analysis and/or accounting experience with approximately 5 years of experience in a financial leadership position.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, with proven strong financial modeling skills
- Expertise in managing the annual budgeting and forecasting process across a global organization.
- Prior experience and knowledge of technical accounting related to complex revenue recognition issues that are specific to Software-as-a-Services companies is a plus.
- A high level of integrity and ability to enforce standards while handling sensitive matters in a timely and constructive manner.
- Well poised and exhibit strong communications skills interacting with all levels of the executive leadership team.
- Experience with NetSuite accounting system (or other accounting software); Salesforce.com and a Profession Services Automation software is a plus.
- Daily Snacks and Treats
- Open office space in the heart of NYC
- Become part of an energetic, young and professional team
- Work side-by-side with our leadership team--start-up guys with a track record of success
- Many opportunities to learn and grow professionally