About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Sales Manager, Perform - (Remote, US)
Wurl is looking for an experienced and strategic Sales Manager, Perform for the US Performance Marketing business called “Perform” which is a part of the Advertising team. This candidate should be multi-skilled and knowledgeable in the media sales space, particularly with Entertainment, Content or Television advertising sales experience. Our ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor and team player.
This is an experienced mid-level role, requiring experience with the above, and the business acumen needed to navigate difficult client conversations and grow revenue. This role reports to the Head of the SVP of Advertising.
The focus of your role is getting into high level conversations with Steamers and securing campaigns and partnership deals with these clients using our Performance Marketing technology.
You currently work in Streaming or are experienced in media sales and have a strong rolodex across the entertainment vertical or social media marketing realm.. You thrive in the creative, fast-paced, and autonomous culture that comes with a mid-stage start-up in its growth phase. This role is an incredible opportunity to generate a huge impact and be an industry leader in an exploding space.
What You'll Do
- Experience winning media sales deals, and growing, managing a team to success with aggressive quarterly and annual sales targets
- Collaborative leadership skills, positive attitude, and passion for revenue growth
- Strong Communicator. You are the quarterback and the coach
- Strong analytical capabilities and consultative sales skills, and a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Balance analytics with creativity, managing KPIs and speak knowledgeably on digital metrics as well as understand financial business objectives and translate those into action for teams
- Ability to collaborate on the story for our go-to-market materials, interfacing with Marketing and Sales-Marketing
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party demand partners to drive Wurl’s business and AdPool product goals
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the business
- Set business goals and maintain monthly financial results and projection plan
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and supply partners
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a robust solution-based sales approach
- Packaging inventory to focus on core audience requested in the media sales market
- Some travel, once COVID restrictions are lifted and travel is deemed safe
- BA/BS; MBA preferred, not required
- 2-4+ years of media sales experience ideally in and around entertainment or media companies
- Experience or understanding of how to foster strong relationships with Content Providers and Streamers
- Some Agency-side experience is also a plus, but not required
- A creative storyteller who can motivate customers through insight-driven communications
- Some experience negotiating contracts
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and inspire others is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface directly with senior level executives
- Proven experience selling in the broader advertising market, CTV sales highly preferred
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Communicate vision and strategy effectively with potential and current customers/partners and between internal stakeholders
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.