About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Application Engineer - (Remote, US)
The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet … all of it. Wurl is making it happen. Our customers are the biggest media brands on the planet – including A&E, AMC, Jukin Media, BBC, NBC, Eleven Sports, Sony Animation. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services - including Twitch, Roku, Sling, Samsung, LG, Vizio. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
You will have an opportunity to be a member of a newly formed Cloud Integrations team. This team is positioned in the heart of the communication flow between engineering, business operation and product to help expedite Wurl’s exponential growth. As a member of a team, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the vision and architecture from the ground up and develop cutting edge cloud services.
What You'll Do
- Develop solutions to speed up and scale Wurl’s services as we continue to grow exponentially to become the ubiquitous streaming solution in the world
- Understand not only how Wurl’s services work but also the business processes that monetize Wurl’s services
- Build highly scalable, secure, reliable and flexible cloud based solutions
- Interact with internal customers to translate their needs into solutions
- Help troubleshoot internal customer problems
- 3-5 years of complete software development life cycle (SDLC) experience including architecture, design and implementation of software solutions
- Experience working with AWS cloud services (eg. ECS, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS)
- Extensive experience with CI/CD
- Understand software engineering design principles and processes, including Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Be willing to learn and pick up new skills as needed
- Comfortable working in agile environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and processes
- Demonstrable fluency with modern programming languages like Python, NodeJS
- Experience with UI development (e.g. Retool, Material UI)
A Plus if You Have
- Prior experience delivering pipelines involving any of the following is a huge plus
- Media processing/preparation/delivery
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- CDN, Large scale ad-servers
- HLS, DASH Streaming services
- Experience designing and securing micro services and REST API
- Workflow orchestration for large scale operations
- Background in Postgres/SQL and noSQL DB
- Familiarity with GQL and Federated GQL
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.