About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Staff Full Stack Engineer - (Remote, US)
In this role, you’ll be a key member of the Solutions Architecture team, working on strategic initiatives in research and development with a team of architects to design, prototype, and champion new innovation at Wurl.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering foundation with experience designing, building and operating reliable and secure Internet-scale platforms.
What You'll Do
- Drink coffee (not required) and code (required)
- Make an impact by building and shipping cool stuff in CTV video distribution and ad monetization
- Work on all aspects of full stack development, including design, implementation, and testing
- Collaborate on a team of architects on the creation and evolution of Wurl’s services
- Minimum 10 years of complete web-based, software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing back-end services (Python preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Experience working with AWS services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process
- Deep knowledge of software engineering design principles and processes, including Test Driven Development
- Experience with CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Experience with Scrum Agile and Scrum ceremonies
A Plus if You Have
- Experience with video pipelines in transcoding, packaging, and CDN delivery
- Knowledge in video delivery standards such as HLS, DASH, and CMAF
- Familiarity in the ad ecosystem, including SSAI, VAST, OpenRTB
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.